Horse Hacks for 2022
It’s Valentine’s Day, and that means it is also Valentine’s week! Actually, EVERY Day should be Valentine’s Day, if we live the way the horses have taught us!! Every day can include moments when we notice how love is in us and in the world around us. Here is a tiny leaf I found when walking one day…Just the perfect shape!!
I have written about 5 ways horses teach us about love. There are many more, of course, but this is a short list! Enjoy!
1. In today’s volatile world as well as business environments, unmanaged stress can lead to depression and anxiety. Being in the presence of horses can alleviate that. Horses, unless provoked, live in a state of satiation. They are able to self-regulate themselves. When we are with them, we can also self-regulate, become more content, and allow for connection. Such connection can enlarge feelings of awe, gratitude and, yes, even love.
2. Horses allow us the space and freedom to focus on Emotional Intelligence skills- soft skills such as listening and noticing. Such self exploration often leads to a greater sense of freedom, openness and love.
3. Horses help us to not react, not get caught up in drama, and to be in the moment, present with our feelings. Unconditional positive regard for the horses, as well as for ourselves and those around us, can enlarge our sense of love. As we view these exquisite animals with kindness, our capacity for compassion deepens. We increase positive neural connections-resulting in deeper love.
4. Horses take time to play, rest, roll, run. Self care is paramount for us. Mother Teresa said to “Do small things with great love.” As we tend gently to our own self care, it is a powerfully loving act.
5. When horses are distracted, they focus on the momentary distraction, and then they return to grazing. We need to do “the next right thing” and then return to a state of openness, non-judgment, and curiosity. Loves thrives in such an environment.
Finally, Horses woo us to linger, to slow down, to stop. They desire us to just be. Not do. Be. With them. In love.
A lovely reminder as we celebrate the heart holiday!!
Another act of love for The Resonant Horse is our Podcast. Along with Jennifer Kaplan, we facilitate and produce: “The Jen and Mindy Show, Enriching Life with Horses and Equine Facilitated Learning.” It’s a mouthful of a title, but it has a lot of meat in it! Here is our latest episode, which focuses on life hacks the horses have taught us! Enjoy!!https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/21939986
While we are in full swing of winter, we are still offering lessons and sessions, weather permitting. I have amazed myself how I can be out in 11 degrees weather instructing, for 5 hours!! Of course, there was no wind, so that helps!! And, foot warmers are a must!!
We formed our list of Horse Circles for 2022. Send me an email and I will send you the list!! We sure hope to see you at are wonderful new location in beautiful Phoenixville!
-And remember: Awe is all around!